01Oct

Anonymous Comment.

I received an anonymous comment the other day.  I didn’t say anything about it yet because, quite honestly, I didn’t know what to say.

Anonymous said…

but this is a tough one. so many wonderful, holy, and giving people pray and are not answered in the same way.

i can’t believe that He picks and chooses who to help and who to not.

suffering exists. and it is not for the lack of prayer.
September 28, 2009 11:26 PM

*************************************************************************

I don’t have the answers.  I just got home from a funeral.  My uncle and his girlfriend had a baby on Saturday night.  He only lived for a couple of hours.

They had known it was going to happen, but that just isn’t something you can prepare yourself for.  I do not know why this happened.  I don’t know why some people are healed and others aren’t.

There are, however, some things that comfort me in times of such questions.  We live in a fallen world and there is going to be pain and suffering.  I would never say that someone suffers because of a lack of faith or prayer.  Even Paul had a problem that God didn’t fix for him.  I don’t think that anyone would argue it was because of a lack of faith.

But, I know this.  God has an answer for suffering.  He has a cure for suffering.  It’s not to take away all the pain on this earth.  His cure for suffering was to send His son to die on a cross and take our sins with him so that we could be forgiven and live forever with Him in Heaven.  Paul says in Romans 8:18, “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”  The suffering of this world may seem great at the time, but once we are in Heaven in the physical presence of God, it will all be nothing.

So, I don’t know how God decides who will be healed.  I don’t know how the days of our lives are set or why some people were born into wealth and some into poverty.  Or why some people live to be 100 and some never get the chance at life at all.  I don’t know that.

But, God’s word tells us to set our mind on things above, not on earthly things.  And that is what God does.  He doesn’t see our lives in terms of this earth.  He sees our lives in terms of the everlasting life that we will have with Him.  Although he is compassionate and sympathizes with our pain and suffering and loss, He sees a bigger picture that far outlasts and outweighs anything this world has to offer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Rob Jacklin says:

Thanks for your post. I'm a parochial school teacher and was looking for a devotion for our staff tomorrow based on Romans 8:18. I really appreciated your perspective and the way you framed your situation in light of the Word!Thanks!

2. One of my favorite lines from the "Love Comes Softly" movies is: "The truth of God's promise is not that he allows bad things to happen to us, but that he will be there with us when they do."

3. scrappinpsycho says:

Wow – This is just the song I needed to hear at this moment in time. Lord forgive me for failing to realize that it's Your approval that matters – not the worlds. Lord who am I that you would care – and yet you send me this song at just the moment I need it!Thanks Scrapper Mom for allowing the Lord to use you – through your blog!

4. Wonderful post. I think a lot of people forget about His plan. My youngest daughter has been through more then most people go through in a lifetime and still has a lot to come. People have made comments like your anonymous poster and it kind of hurts my heart to hear that. I don't think people take into consideration what lessons we are here to learn. My daughter may be here to teach different lessons then another child who dies from her same condition. The people in her life may need to learn more about not dwelling on the things she won't be able to do or need to learn their strengths in a different manner then other people. These are all things we don't know and we can't see from "down here." Thanks for this post, it was just what I needed to read right now.

5. Blessings, Janine says:

Thanks for addressing that comment….I considered responding to it,….but it didn't feel right to me to address it. I have a paralyzed arm since 1985. His ways are not our ways. But, God is working His plans through me. And, I am being refined…..1 Peter 1:5-7 (New International Version)5who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

6. A Scrappy Design says:

Such a great way to address the comment.I would like to add that I don't believe there are unanswered prayers . . . they are answered in accordance to His will, not ours.

7. Kari Shackelford says:

This is the 1st time I read this. Everything u said made so much sense to me. For the longest time I couldn't figure out y he picked me for this to happen to. U just helped me more than u know. Thank u Crystal.