I love croutons, but I hate the fact that most of the ones you buy are hard as a rock. So, one day I decided to wing it and try my own. Huge success–very easy and yummy. My favorite kind of recipe!
What you need:
3 pieces of bread (you can use white or wheat)
1 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic and herb
½ tsp salt
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Black Pepper, optional
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a bread knife (or other serrated knife), cut bread into 1 inch squares.
- Spread bread pieces into baking pan, in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on Mrs. Dash, Salt, and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 5 minutes, stir around with spatula. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes. Watch them closely, as they burn easily.
Note: If you happen to like the hard-as-a-rock croutons, decrease baking temperature to about 350 and increase baking time to about 15-20 minutes.
Now, add them to a yummy breaded chicken salad: