This was on my menu last week and someone asked what it was, so I decided to post it as my recipe this week. This is a really simple recipe, but the bacon and cheese really do add a lot of yummy flavor to the chicken. The amounts aren’t very specific, because it’s a very simple recipe and you can easily make it fit however many you need.
What you need:
–4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 4 oz. each
-salt and pepper
-4 slices of bacon
-1/4 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Season chicken with salt and pepper as desired.
2. Bake 25-35 minutes, until juices run clear (exact timing depends on thickness of the chicken).
3. While chicken is baking, cook bacon slices in a frying pan, set aside on a paper towel to drain excess grease.
4. After chicken is done, top each with a slice of bacon and a sprinkle of cheese (you can also use a slice of cheese instead).
5. Return chicken to oven until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
Timesaver: When I purchase chicken, sometimes I bake it all at once, then freeze the pieces. So, when I want to make a meal like this, I can skip the bulk of the cooking, just thaw out the chicken and start from there.
Tip: Most boneless, skinless chicken breasts sold in stores are at least double the recommended 4 oz. serving, and they are really thick. So, I usually cut mine in half (from top to bottom), so they are thinner pieces that cook faster, and we are less likely to overeat.