Easy Cheesy Bacon Chicken

This was on my menu last week and someone asked what it was, so I decided to post it as my recipe this week.  This is a really simple recipe, but the bacon and cheese really do add a lot of yummy flavor to the chicken.  The amounts aren’t very specific, because it’s a very simple recipe and you can easily make it fit however many you need.

What you need:

-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 4 oz. each
-salt and pepper
-4 slices of bacon
-1/4 cup shredded colby-jack cheese

What to do:

1. Preheat oven to 375.  Season chicken with salt and pepper as desired.
2. Bake 25-35 minutes, until juices run clear (exact timing depends on thickness of the chicken).
3. While chicken is baking, cook bacon slices in a frying pan, set aside on a paper towel to drain excess grease.
4. After chicken is done, top each with a slice of bacon and a sprinkle of cheese (you can also use a slice of cheese instead).
5.  Return chicken to oven until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.

Timesaver: When I purchase chicken, sometimes I bake it all at once, then freeze the pieces.  So, when I want to make a meal like this, I can skip the bulk of the cooking, just thaw out the chicken and start from there.

Tip: Most boneless, skinless chicken breasts sold in stores are at least double the recommended 4 oz. serving, and they are really thick.  So, I usually cut mine in half (from top to bottom), so they are thinner pieces that cook faster, and we are less likely to overeat.

(For more recipe ideas, check out: Tasty Tuesday, Delicious Dish, The Country Cook, For the Mommas, Family Table Friday)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

This looks delicious! It is definitely going on my “to-try” list. :-) Thank you for linking up with “Try a New Recipe Tuesday!” I am so glad you found my blog and hope to see you linkup again in the future! Many blessings, Lisa

Chelle, the flavor would be slightly different, but I have made this with turkey bacon before and it was still yummy :)

A little bacon and cheese is a great way to add flavor to the usual chicken dish. I make something similar to this on occasion and it is fantastic.

Loved your tip on keeping pre-cooked chicken stashed in the freezer. It does make things a lot easier.

Micha, thanks for visiting my site and adding your thoughts. I agree, it’s such an easy way to add flavor.

OH Yes! I am fixing this for dinner tonight. =) SO happy you linked up to Weekend Potluck. Please come back again soon along with another one of your easy and delicious recipes.

Mornin! This yummy recipe is being featured at Weekend Potluck today….I made it last night too and it was sooo good! Please come on over and share more of your tasty dishes. Enjoy a blessed weekend.

Thank you so much for featuring my recipe! It’s especially an honor because I see how many delicious recipes are linked up each week to the weekend potluck. So glad you enjoyed it!

Jessica, Great site! I did share a recipe, thanks for the invitation :) I also linked up your blog party page to my blog party page as an added resource. I hope that’s okay :)

5. nicole says

I make something similar but Igrill the chicken, top w/ sauteed onions, peppers, bbq sauce, bacon, & itilan cheese. Then I stick it under the broiler to melt the cheese.

Trackbacks