What you need:
1 ½ cups flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 ¼ cup buttermilk*
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tbsp butter, melted
*If you don’t have buttermilk, combine 1 1/4 cup milk + 1 1/4 TBSP vinegar, and let sit for 5-10 minutes
What to do:
- Preheat electric griddle, cooking skillet over medium heat)
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in large bowl.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in buttermilk, egg, and melted butter.
- Stir until well combined.
- Drop batter by ¼ cupfuls and cook until bubbly, turn over and cook the other side until done
Yield: 10 pancakes (using 1/4 cup batter each); 106 calories per pancake
Cost: $.70 for entire recipe, $.07/pancake