I LOVE making homemade bread! There is nothing like the taste, and it makes your house smell divine while baking as well If you’re knew to making yeast breads, please check out my beginner’s tips for bread baking.
What you need:
-2 cups water, warm
-1 1/5 Tbsp. sugar
-1 pkg. (2 1/4 Tsp) dry active yeast
-2 Tbsp. butter, melted
-2 tsp salt
-5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
What to do:
1. Combine water + yeast + sugar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
2. Stir in salt + butter + 2 cups flour. Mix well with a wire whisk.
3. With a spoon, mix in the rest of the flour, enough to form a stiff dough.
4. Turn onto floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until dough forms a smooth, elastic ball.
5. Place into greased bowl, cover with a clean towel and let rise until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
6. Punch down and separate into 2 loaves. Put those loaves into your pans, cover, and let rise for an additional 30-40 minutes.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown. The loaves should sound hollow if you tap on it with your knuckle.