I LOVE making homemade bread! There is nothing like the taste, and it makes your house smell divine while baking as well :) If you’re knew to making yeast breads, please check out my beginner’s tips for bread baking.
What you need:
-2 cups water, warm
-1 1/5 Tbsp. sugar
-1 pkg. (2 1/4 Tsp) dry active yeast
-2 Tbsp. butter, melted
-2 tsp salt
-5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
What to do:
1. Combine water + yeast + sugar. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
2. Stir in salt + butter + 2 cups flour. Mix well with a wire whisk.
3. With a spoon, mix in the rest of the flour, enough to form a stiff dough.
4. Turn onto floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until dough forms a smooth, elastic ball.
5. Place into greased bowl, cover with a clean towel and let rise until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
6. Punch down and separate into 2 loaves. Put those loaves into your pans, cover, and let rise for an additional 30-40 minutes.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown. The loaves should sound hollow if you tap on it with your knuckle.