When Finish contacted me about taking the #FinishRevolution challenge, I was told to make something messy. I immediately thought of this ooey-gooey, baked on buttery-cheesey goodness. Otherwise known as mac-and-cheese.
What you need:
8 oz. pasta (I use penne, but you could use elbow macaroni, etc.)
3 tsp Butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk (2% or whole)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz. package), divided
1/3 cup bread Crumbs
What to do:
1. Cook and drain pasta, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, salt and pepper. Stir together for about 1 minute.
3. Whisk in milk. Continue cooking, stirring constantly for approximately 7-10 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken.
4. Reduce heat. Stir in shredded cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for topping). Simmer for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted into sauce.
5. Pour cheese sauce over pasta, topping with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until brown and bubbling.
Now for the easy part–clean up!
The Finish challenge was to stick the dish in the dishwasher (No pre-rinsing allowed!), and let it sit overnight, waiting until the next morning to run the dishwasher with the Finish Quantum.
I followed the rules, and here’s what came out of my dishwasher the next day…a spotless baking dish! Not a hint of that crusted on ooey-goodness from before.
Now, you too can take the Finish Revolution Challenge:
(Disclosure: I received a free Finish product and baking dish in order to complete the Finish challenge and share my results. The results and opinions are my own.)
What do you do about hard to clean dishes?