I couldn’t get a very good picture of this bread, but I wanted to share the recipe anyway because it’s so yummy :) This is a slightly modified pinterest recipe…so you can see a better photo there. And, this is one of those great breads that just gets better with age, so let it sit a while. I made some to share with our Sunday School class last week, and it worked out perfectly because I made it on Saturday and then let it sit wrapped up overnight.
I’m usually an icing queen, so I was all ready to make some for this bread, but it really didn’t need it.
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350, and prepare (grease) loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Add egg, milk, and oil to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
4. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon for filling.
5. Spread 1/3 of the batter into bottom of prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar onto the batter. Continue to layer 1/3 of batter and 1/3 of cinnamon sugar.
When you sprinkle the final third of cinnamon sugar on top, use your spoon or a knife to swirl the top layer of cinnamon sugar lightly into the batter mix. You don’t want it to be completely mixed up, but you do want the sugar to be slightly moistened by the batter. The cinnamon-sugar on top creates a nice crusty yumminess–almost like a streusel, but not quite.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
And, enjoy :)