Disclosure: I received the 101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Meals cookbook for review from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
So, I have been sharing about our real food journey lately. Our whole family loves applesauce, and it’s one of the snacks that *should* be an easy real snack. And if you have access to more grocery stores, it may be. But the applesauce available in my local store is full of preservatives, natural flavors, sugar, and who-knows-what-else.
So, when I found this awesomely easy recipe in my Gooseberry Patch 101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook, I was excited to try it.
Let me tell you, when they say “super-easy,” they mean “super easy”
I love the fact that this recipe is very easy, and has no added sugar. It also makes a great filling for apple tarts! Though I did add a bit of brown sugar at that time.
Easy Slow-Cooker Applesauce
- 3 lb bag of Golden Delicious Apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel apples and cut them into slices.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When apples are tender, mash to desired consistency. I like mine mostly smooth, but with a few chunks.
Try out the cookbook yourself
I’m so excited to give away a copy of this cookbook! Simply enter the rafflecopter below!
Update: This giveaway has ended. You can purchase the cookbook here.