One of my favorite things about summer is our garden! The whole family helps out and we have lots of fun planting and harvesting our own vegetables. Not to mention they are super yummy!
Every year, we seem to have more zucchini than we know what to do with! I love making zucchini bread (you can even freeze little baggies of shredded zucchini for making the bread or muffins later!), and grilled zucchini and all kinds of zucchini. But this is one of my favorites–fried zucchini!
Now, before I share the recipe, I should disclose that I’m from the south where we have this knack for zapping the “healthy” right out of vegetables. But, it’s good stuff, people.
Easy Fried Zucchini
What you need:
- 1-2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (I sometimes use seasoned salt for this)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Oil for pan
What to do:
- Pour oil into pan, deep enough to fry zucchini slices, and heat to medium.
- Slice zucchini in 1/2 inch slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (You need to season each layer for the best flavor)
- In small bowl, whisk egg into milk. In another small bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each slice of zucchini into the milk + egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture (if you like a thicker coating, you can dip in flour + egg mixture + flour again.)
- Cook slices approx 3-5 minutes on each side and drain onto paper towels when done.