This post brought to you by TruMoo. All opinions are 100% mine. I love everything about the fall. Especially those first few brisk, chilly days. Love snuggling with my boys inside while it’s chilly outside. I just love the cozy feelings it brings–and, of course it means that the Holidays are upon us, which I love. My boys love to play outside and it’s our tradition for me to whip up some homemade hot cocoa for them to enjoy upon coming inside from the cold. It’s almost out of control. The first cold day that comes along, and they are begging to go outside, reminding me to make them some hot chocolate when they get back inside (and this is before they’ve even left the warmth of the house to begin with!). But it’s okay, because I love it. And I love that we are making these memories–even better if those memories include chocolate and marshmallows. Recently, I discovered TruMoo chocolate milk. And I asked myself, “Can you ever really have too much chocolate?” The answer to that, my friends, is NO. So, I decided to try the hot cocoa with chocolate milk instead of white, and it was ah-may-zing. Seriously. So rich and creamy, and absolute chocolatey-goodness right here I think he likes it too…
Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa with TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white milk
- 1/2 gallon TruMoo chocolate milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Mini-Marshmallows (optional)
- In a pot on the stove top, mix together hot water, sugar, cocoa powder and salt
- Add Chocolate milk and whisk again until well combined. Let simmer about 10-15 minutes, or until milk is heated through.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon. Serve with mini-marshmallows or whipped cream on top.