One of the reasons I was excited to join Usborne Books as a consultant is that they offer so many opportunities to give back. This weekend, I want to share a special way that you can do that.
I know that some of you have been waiting for a special offer to place your Usborne Books & More order. As a deals and specials shopper myself, I totally get that. Which is why I’m so excited about this.
There are two things that I love to combine with shopping:
- Giving back
- Saving money
This weekend, you can do both with your Usborne Books & More purchase through this link.
Giving Back: Ronald McDonald House
I’ve shared our story about how my youngest son spent some time in the NICU when he was a newborn. One of the greatest blessings for us during that time was the Ronald McDonald House there. They provided us a place to stay and so much more.
I will never forget our first night there.
I was so scared. My baby was having seizures and they didn’t know why. We were given a lot of very scary possibilities and prognoses. I was recovering from a c-section, and we lived over an hour away from the hospital. I was separated from my older son for the first time ever. I’ve never felt so torn in so many directions at once.
I was physically and emotionally exhausted.
The call saying we had a room available at RMHC was an absolute answer to prayer. The staff was very welcoming. They had a hospital grade pump that I could use while there. They had a great playroom for my older son who could also be with us.
The first night we were there (and most others), local churches volunteered to bring meals for dinner. They had a stocked kitchen for other meals, but that first night was a blessing straight from Heaven. The women who brought that simple dinner of Sloppy Jo sandwiches and potato chips will always have my gratitude for sharing the love of Jesus that night. Six years later, I still get tears in my eyes thinking about how blessed I was.
Many families would need to travel even more, or be separated for even longer periods of time. Ronald McDonald House provides them a place to stay that is nearby their child. The fee is nominal, but there is financial assistance available if it is a burden.
Ronald McDonald House provides a light and blessing in the midst of what is possibly the most trying times that families will ever go through.
ALL the free books from this event (up to 50% of the total sales if sales reach $500), will be donated to Ronald McDonald House where they can be distributed to families, children, and siblings who can use every little bit of sunshine they can get.
I would love to be able to present my local Ronald McDonald House with at least $250 in FREE books for children and families. In order to reach that goal, I want to provide an added bonus for you as well, so I came up with some specials for those who support me in this.
- Spend $100–If you spend $100, you will receive a 15% discount on your total*.
- Spend $50–If you spend $50, you will receive FREE shipping*
- Spend $25–If you spend at least $25, you will receive a wipe-clean card sample.
- ALL Orders–As a thank you, anyone who places an order of any size by 5 pm EST on Sunday 9/28 will receive a $20 gift card to my online shop, where I have lots of great printables for your kiddos, and a couple of ebooks.
* Refunded via paypal.
After purchasing, send an email to Crystal (at) Serving Joyfully (dot) Com in order to claim your bonus.
In addition to these specials, you can also take advantage of the specials already offered by Usborne:
- Internet Specials There are some fantastic internet specials, 40-70% off with no minimum purchase–most items are around or under $5! The best part is that these change every 2 weeks, so be sure to keep checking back for your favorites. [Check out the current internet specials]
- Customer Specials When you purchase $40, you have the opportunity to purchase as many of the customer specials as you’d like. These are also discounted around 40-70%, and change each month.
And, just to make things even more fun, I’m going to give away a $25 gift certificate to Usborne Books & More to one lucky reader! Enter via the rafflecopter below.
PS–Don’t forget, Books make great gifts!