I talk a lot about the importance of reading our Bibles everyday. I won’t rehash the reasons, but you can see some of them here.
For parents, there is another element to this. In addition to reading our Bibles everyday, we should also be teaching the Bible everyday…to our children. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 says this:
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
In this short passage, we are called to do 2 very important things:
- To keep God’s word in our heart.
- To teach God’s word to our children.
This is the foundation of my book, Planting Seeds.
As parents, we have the important task to instill in our children a knowledge of God’s word. Though we know that we don’t have the responsibility (or ability!) to save them, we are called to train them up in the way that they should go. We are called to teach them diligently.
But sometimes this calling can seem too daunting, and we feel ill-equipped for the task.
Planting Seeds contains practical tips to help you in this high calling. Through this book, you will learn:
- Why it’s so important for us to instill a knowledge of God’s Word in our children;
- Simple ways to incorporate more of the Bible into your family’s everyday lives and routines;
- How to prioritize God’s word in your own life so that you can adequately teach it to your children;
- How to choose verses and passages that are timely and relevant to your children;
- Ways to make the most of your Bible study time as a family;
- Questions to ask that will increase your children’s understanding of the passage or verse being studied;
- Why & how you should encourage scripture memory in your children (+ mistakes to avoid);
- Games, activities, and exercises to make Bible study time fun and increase your child’s memory and understanding of the verses and passages being studied.
You do not need a seminary degree to teach the Bible to your children. You simply need a love of God, your child, and the Bible. Study it for yourself, learn all that you can, and pass that on to your children.
Get the Book
This book will be available this summer, but you can get it now (along with 128 other resources!), as a part of the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle.
The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle is a collection of resources full of inspiration, encouragement and practical tips covering all areas of your homemaking:
- Home Management
- Meal planning
- Intentional Living
- Earning money from home
- Time Management
There are 129 resources from your favorite bloggers and experts…all for 98% off the regular price!
+ There are physical bonuses as well (like a free month of Kiwi Crate and a $15 gift certificate to Cultivate What Matters–these 2 bonuses alone are worth more than the bundle cost!)
+ A very special bonus from me…
Because I believe so strongly in teaching our children God’s word, I want to give you this helper. My Firm Foundation Scripture Memory Workbook contains activities, verse cards, and more to help you teach 12 foundational verses to your children.
How to get it:
- Click here to purchase the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle (which includes my book, Planting Seeds);
- Click here to fill out the form requesting the bonus Firm Foundation Workbook.